Lemon Water is rich in citric acid and also has the ability to flush out all the toxins from the body. The lukewarm lemon water serves as the perfect morning drink too. When it comes to health benefits, it aids your digestive system and prevents the problem of constipation and diarrhea, by ensuring smooth bowel functions.
Nutritional Value Of Lemons
Lemon juice is extremely light as it is just 25 calories per glass. It is rich in calcium, potassium, vitamin C and pectin fiber. This is a universal truth that lemons have medicinal values and antibacterial properties. It also contains traces of iron and vitamin A. This fruit is also popular for its therapeutic properties. Here is a list of what a simple glass of warm lemon water can do for you:
- It maintains your immune system, protecting you from various infections.
- It purifies your blood.
- Lemon has the property to act as an antiseptic.
- Lime-water juice works wonders for people having heart problems, thanks to its high potassium content. Lemons contain pectin fiber which is very good for colon health.
- It balances to maintain the pH levels in the body.
- The toxins in your body are flushed out every morning if you drink a glass of warm lemon water every day.
- You can probably eliminate infections and diseases by this magical drink as helps prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria.
- Since lemon can dissolve uric acid, the pain and the inflammation in your joints is reduced.
- Have a cold? Cure it with lemon water.
- The potassium present in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells.
- Strengthen your liver as lemon provides energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute.
- Balance out your calcium and oxygen levels in the liver and relieve heart burns with this drink.
- Yes, it takes care of your wrinkles and acne as well! It is super beneficial to the skin.
- It helps maintain the health of the eyes and helps fight against eye problems.
- Aids in the production of digestive juices.
- Replenish body salts after a strenuous workout session by having lemon water.
Lemons are packed with all the goodness that you need therefore make it a point to have a glass every morning before starting your day. The easily available fruit has cleansing and healing properties which have positive effects on your health in the long run.