Digital payments platform, PhonePe, in partnership with non-life private insurance company, ICICI Lombard, has announced the launch of hospital daily cash benefit under Group Safeguard Insurance, a sachet-based group insurance product. It is a customized hospitalization policy that allows PhonePe users to get an assured amount if they are hospitalized due to injury or illnesses including COVID-19.
– The biggest benefit of this product is that hospital bills are not required for the claim.
– A Discharge Certificate would be sufficient in most cases for the claim processing.
– The cover can be availed in less than 2 minutes as the process is quite simple and customers can view their policy documents instantly on the app, says a statement by PhonePe-ICICI Lombard.
– This is one of the most affordable hospitalization insurance policies available in the market today, statement by PhonePe-ICICI Lombard added.
– PhonePe users in the 18-65 age group can get this product on the app and dont need to undergo any prior medical tests.
Hospital Daily Cash benefit: How it works?
– The Hospital Daily Cash benefit enables customers to choose a cover from INR 500 per day up to INR 5,000 per day at an annual premium starting at just INR 130 including taxes, effectively costing just INR 0.35 per day.
– A minimum of 48 hours hospitalisation is required for being eligible for a claim along with a deductible of one day for each claim.
– This is applicable for hospitalization at any government or private hospital across the country.
– Customers get double the insurance cover amount if they are admitted to an ICU.
– Customers who already have mediclaim policies, employer health insurance, self-funded means of paying hospital bills would also be eligible for the claim payout benefit.
How to get this?
– PhonePe users can get insured under this cover on the app in a few simple steps. All they need to do is to go to the homepage or the Insurance tab under the My Money section of the app (both Android & iOS).
– They just need to select Hospital Cash under the Insurance section, fill up the details of the insured and make the payment.
Commenting on the launch, Gunjan Ghai, VP & Head of Insurance, PhonePe said, We believe that with Hospital Daily Cash benefit, customers will no longer need to worry about expenses arising due to hospitalization for most diseases including COVID-19.
On the launch, Sanjeev Mantri, Executive Director, ICICI Lombard General Insurance said, We have always strived to be in sync with changing customer requirements and in these challenging times, affordable products are the need of the hour. Further, benefits like assured cash in the event of hospitalization without the need of a bill should provide additional help and convenience to customers in these challenging times.