PM Ujjwala Yojana: Are you looking for an LPG gas connection? You have an opportunity to get it absolutely free of cost. Under the flagship scheme of the government Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana or PMUY, people who are looking for a connection can apply for one. But, you need to rush as this scheme is available for a limited period. This scheme ends on 30 September. Only a week left now to avail this facility. See how to register here!
This scheme is being run in association with the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas which is primarily for women. This scheme intends to give free gas connection to the poor.
It is easy to register for this scheme. In the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, the government had extended this scheme from April to September.
See here how to get an LPG connection:
- Visit the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana website pmujjwalayojana.com
- On landing on the home page, click on the “Download Form’ option. The form will appear which you should download.
- Fill the details required in the form and submit it to the nearest gas agency.
- The applicants should also submit all the required documents along with the form.
- You are likely to get a connection once the document verification process is complete.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY)
The Modi government launched the PMUY scheme on 1 May 2016 in Ballia, Uttar Pradesh. As per the website, over 8 cr connections have already been released by the government in 719 districts as on 7 September 2019.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) was launched with an aim to safeguard the health of women and children by providing them with a clean cooking fuel – LPG, so that they don’t have to compromise their health in smoky kitchens or wander in unsafe areas collecting firewood.