There are around 30 lakh vehicles in the national capital running on the roadRs which are required to be affixed with HSRPs.
New Delhi: The road transport authority of Delhi has made it mandatory for the vehicle owners to install a high-security registration plate and color-coded stickers for all vehicles sold before April 2019. Violators in Delhi can be fined up to Rs 10,000, which is compoundable to Rs 5,500 under the amended Motor Vehicle Act.
The transport department of the national capital on Tuesday issued 238 challans for HSRP and color-coded sticker violation under “limited” enforcement drive. As per reports, the Delhi transport department is set to start a major enforcement drive with 50 teams soon.
According to data from Delhi’s transport department, there are around 30 lakh vehicles including 16 lakh two-wheelers, 12 lakh four-wheelers, and two lakh commercial vehicles, which are required to be affixed with HSRPs running on the road.
Here’s How To Apply Online For HSRP And The Colour-Coded Sticker
One needs to keep the vehicle’s registration certificate handy for details like registration number, registration date, chassis number and engine number.
How to apply online for a high-security registration plate
1) Go to site: https://bookmyhsrp.com/Index.aspx
2) Fill in details such as Vehicle Number, Chassis Number, Engine Number, Owner Name, Address, Mobile Number, Vehicle Class, Vehicle Type, Fuel type.
3) Choose the Vehicle Class as “Non-transport” if it’s your personal vehicle
4) After clicking submit a username and password will be sent to the registered mobile number.
5) After clicking submit, you will be required to login with the username and password to make the payment. A receipt will be generated.
6) When your HSRP is ready, you will receive a message on your registered mobile number.
Home delivery of HSRPs and stickers has also been started by the suppliers.
What’s the importance of HSRP?
High-security registration plates are made after chromium-based hologram is applied by hot stamping on the number plates both at the front and back besides laser-branding of a permanent identification number.
The plates are fastened with a non-removable/non-reusable snap lock fitting system.