As we all know Covid-19 hit the world really hard last year and our lives changed completely, eventually forcing us to stay indoors. This made us look back at our ancient science in form of home remedies and natural food supplement, which led us to our kitchens and made us follow our 5000 year old history of Ayurveda, to boost our immunity and find ways to live a healthy and safe lifestyle.
Ayurveda has always played a role of a preventive method which mainly focuses on daily and seasonal regimes or routines which will help us maintain our health.
Ayurveda’s importance has grown drastically over the last one year. Natural herbs like Guduchi, kalmegh, shunti, tulsi, yashtimadhu , turmeric and Ashwagandha Ghan acts as a strong immune modulator to build deeper long-lasting immune power in the body and eventually protecting us from any viral infections, relief from frequent cough, cold, allergies and will surely help us in these tough times.
These natural herbs and home remedies have helped people realize the real importance of Ayurveda which was our biggest challenge before the pandemic
● How have people started having more faith in natural remedies and immunity boosters that Ayurveda has been promoting since ages? With the importance of having a strong immune system during these tough times and also with Government of India and Ayush Ministry promoting the importance of Ayurveda and home remedies, made people at large started having faith back in Ayurveda.
It has been noticed that people who move to Ayurvedic solutions come to us with a faith of getting better in their overall health. In the last one year, we have seen more than 3000 patients come to us for either their treatment of Covid19, or post covid recovery or as preventive measures and strengthening immunity. This showcases that people have started believing in Ayurveda, as it treats from the root cause of an illness, which is the need of the hour.
Read more:Avoid Eating These 5 Foods Right After Consuming Mangoes
● What are the Ayurveda recommended immunity-boosting secrets ? Also, what are the Ayurveda remedies that suddenly gained a lot of popularity since Covid-19?
People are exposed to so many viruses and bacteria’s in their daily lives that they don’t even realize but the key to be safe from it is to have a strong and alert immune system. Few simple secrets of Ayurveda to have a healthy immune body are:
Ayurveda recommends us to focus on our health on daily basis by following three principles:
1) Understanding your body and balancing it.
2) Eating the right food that can help you digest easily and go through a detox process if any access toxins are found
3) Nourishing all our tissues daily, including immune system.
If one follows these first 2 steps of the process it will definitely help you to nourish the tissues and following this daily will definitely help have healthy body & freedom from chronic health issues.
● To intake herbs like gudduchi, kalmegh, ashwagandha, and amalaki which can be consumed in form of various recipes along with natural ingredients every day to keep one’s defense mechanism strong so one can fight any infection.
To boost one’s immune system one can also follow this home remedy :
3 glasses of water
Pomegranate Peel- 1 whole
Fresh Ginger- 1 Inch
Fresh Turmeric- 1 inch
Fresh Basil leaves/Tusli- 10 leaves
Guduchi Powder- 1 Tsp
Stir it well, boil it for 5-10 minutes. Strain out the ingredients and let it cool down .Add 1 tsp of honey, mix well and drink throughout the day. Apart from natural home remedies it is important for one to practice Yoga or do any kind of physical activity helping the body to stay fit and healthy Following these simple tips of Ayurveda will definitely help in maintaining health even in these tough times.
Inputs by Dr Smita Naram, Co-Founder, Ayushakti on Ayurveda and Covid 19