As we enter Lockdown 5 or as commonly referred to as Unlock 1.0, rules are toned down for resuming day to day activities. However, the threat of Coronavirus has not reduced. There could be many valid reasons for travelling from one place to another even during the lockdown. COVID-19 online e-Pass has been introduced for emergency purposes and ensuring people avoid unnecessary travels across India.
What Is Coronavirus Curfew e-Pass?
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, movement across various Indian regions is restricted. However, there could be a situation where a person needs to travel to another place within the country. Especially in cases where people need to travel from their place of work to their hometown or those students who live in hostels and need to return home. The Curfew Pass allows movement in these situations. One can travel from one place to another with the help of an online e-Pass.
The COVID-19 Lockdown e-Pass is available online and one does not have to come in physical contact with unknown people in the process of getting the pass issued.
How To Apply For Lockdown Vehicle e-Pass Online?
One can apply for the e-Pass with the help of a Lockdown Pass Online Form for movement across India. Here are the steps to apply for the e-Pass:
- Use a device with internet access and an active mobile number
- Visit the official website of the National Informatics Centre for availing e-Pass
- Select state from the green dropdown menu
- Click on the state name to open the option menu
- Click on a relevant action from the following:
- Essential services
- ePermit for stranded persons and migrant labourers
- Exempted activities during Lockdown
- Delivery of essential commodities
- COVID-19 disaster
- Movement pass for curfew/lockdown
- Vehicle movement
- Stranded person registration
- E-transit pass
6. Fill the application form and upload scanned documents as required
7. Note down the application reference number
How To Check e-Pass Status?
It is important to note that all of the applications received by the state government are not necessarily approved. Some of these applications may get rejected due to various reasons. Thus, you must carry out the e-Pass Status Check Online after applying for it. Here is the process of checking the e-pass application status:
- Visit the National Informatics Centre official website
- Click on “Track your Application”
- You can track the status of your application with the help of the following details:
- Application Reference Number
- Application Submission Date
- Applicant’s name
- ID Proof Number (Aadhaar card number)
- Estimated Date of Arrival at Destination
- Click on “Select State for which you have submitted the application” to open the dropdown menu
- Click on the relevant state
- Fill the details on the pop-up form and click submit
Now you will understand the status of your application. Download the hard copy of the application when it gets approved. You need to carry this application and other documents related to identification while travelling.
State Wise e-Pass Online Websites:
Thanks to the National Informatics Centre (NIC), you can use one portal to acquire an e-Pass for more than 15 states. You can not only apply for an e-pass here but also track your application. Use the following list to apply for an e-Pass if it is not available on the NIC portal.
Here is a list of states and their dedicated websites:
|Andaman and Nicobar||Andaman and Nicobar e-Pass|
|Andaman and Nicobar||Andhra Pradesh e-Pass|
|Andhra Pradesh||Arunachal Pradesh e-Pass|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Assam e-Pass|
|Chhattisgarh||Dadra and Nagar Haveli e-Pass|
|Daman – Diu||ePass Facilitation Portal|
|Goa||Goa Online, Government of Goa|
|Himachal Pradesh||Himachal Pradesh e-Pass|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu and Kashmir e-Pass|
|Madhya Pradesh||Government of Madhya Pradesh|
|Manipur||Government of Manipur|
|Punjab||Punjab Curfew Pass|
|Rajasthan||Government of Rajasthan|
|Tamil Nadu||Tamil Nadu e-Pass|
|Telangana||Telangana State Police Portal|
|Uttar Pradesh||Uttar Pradesh e-Pass|
|West Bengal||West Bengal e-Pass|
Documents Required To Get Corona Lockdown e-Pass:
The specific set of documents may depend upon the type of request. Usually, the following document may be required:
- ID proof
- Address proof
- Application letter stating the purpose of an e-pass
- Proofs in specific cases. For example death certificate in case of death
Checklist Before You Apply For e-Pass:
Note that the lockdown has not been lifted from the entire nation. The government has allowed interstate movement, however, state governments are expected to enforce travel restrictions as per the COVID-19 situation in their state. Here is a checklist of things you need to know before applying for the e-pass.
- Not all states are allowing free movement for travelling
- You need to have a strong reason and supporting documents for travelling interstate
- Fill the online form with correct details. You may not be allowed to travel if these details and your documents don’t match
- Ensure that you have an active mobile connection for receiving the One Time Password while applying for the e-pass
- You will require the application reference number for checking the status of your application. Don’t forget to note it down when it gets generated
- Always keep the hard copies of all the documents and the e-pass with you while travelling
Who Is Eligible For Corona Lockdown E-pass?
Specific eligibility criteria have not been set for availing an e-Pass. Currently, anyone who wishes to travel for a genuine reason can apply for an e-Pass.
Methods To Apply For The Curfew e-Pass:
An e-Pass can be availed via the following methods:
1. State-wise Links:
You can scroll above to the “State Wise e-Pass Online Websites” section for each website that offers e-pass for their people.
2. National Informatics Centre:
You can visit the National Informatics Centre website and select your state of residence for availing the e-Pass.
3. Through Mobile Applications:
Some of the state governments have launched their own mobile applications to allow seamless distribution of e-Pass. You can make use of such apps to get your travel pass.
How To Track Your Application?
Depending on the method you used for applying for an e-Pass, you can use the “Track Application” button to know the status. Use the application reference number for this purpose.
CG Covid-19 e-Pass:
The Government of Chhattisgarh has launched a mobile application called CG Covid-19 e-Pass to allow seamless movement of vehicles in the state. One can get an interstate and intrastate e-Pass with the help of this app. It can be used by anyone living in Chhattisgarh to travel for the purpose of medical treatment or an emergency, like death in the family. While applying for an ePass, one needs to submit ID proof, application stating the reason for travel, photograph, proof of travel, etc.
What Are The Rules For Private Vehicles?
Even though vehicular movement is allowed in certain states as per government advice, other states like Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu are continuing with the restrictions. One cannot travel through the borders of these states without having the vehicle e-Pass. All movements will be monitored and checked for e-Pass and other documents.
COVID-19 Helpline Number:
One can contact the following helpline numbers in case of any queries:
|Andaman and Nicobar||03192-232102, 03192-234287|
|Bihar||0612-2217681, 0612-2233806, 104|
|Chandigarh||0172-2752038, 0172-2752031, 0172-2704048|
|Chhattisgarh||0771-282113, 0771-2446607, 0771-2440608|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||104, 1077, 0260-2642106, 0260-2630304|
|Daman and Diu||104, 1077, 0260-2642106, 0260-2630304|
|Gujarat||079-23251900, 079-23251908, 104|
|Himachal Pradesh||077-2628940, 077-2629439, 104|
|Jammu and Kashmir||0191-2549676, 0191-2520982, 0194-2440283, 0194-2452052, 0194-2457313|
|Jharkhand||0651-2282201, 0651-2284185, 0651-223488, 181, 104|
|Karnataka||080-46848600, 1075, 104|
|Ladakh||01982-256462, 01982-257416, 01982-258960|
|Meghalaya||108, 0364-2224100, 0364-2590623|
|Madhya Pradesh||104, 1075, 181,0755-2411180,0755-2704201, 0729-22344|
|Puducherry||104, 1070, 1077, 0413-2253407|
|Tamil Nadu||0471-2552056, 0471-25521056|
|Tripura||0381-2315879, 0381-2412424, 0381-2413434|
|West Bengal||1800-313-444222, 033-23412600|
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I visit a containment zone for delivering essential services?
Yes, you need to carry all the required documents and ID proofs for delivering essential goods and services in a containment zone. You need to take all necessary precautions to avoid an infection.
I forgot to note the application number, can I still know the status of my e-Pass?
Yes, it is possible to know the status of an e-Pass application, however, you will still need details like submission date, name, ID proof, etc.
Can I travel to Goa to complete my pending vacation?
Yes, the Government of Goa is looking to restore tourism and you can travel to this state. However, bear in mind that the threat of COVID-19 is still looming upon us. Take precautions and follow social distancing rules to avoid an infection.