Even as the government has started the phase-wise unlock of the Indian economy, social distancing will continue to be the new normal. A lot of people will be apprehensive about going out and would prefer completing important tasks online. The Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) has also allowed relaxations in settlement of maturity claims and survival benefits. The state-run life insurer in a notification on its website said that policyholders can send their claim documents via email.
LIC said that the relaxation has been given to all its policyholders till June 30, during which the customers can submit the scanned copy of documents such as KYC, forms etc to the servicing branch for maturity or survival claims.
How to send LIC claim documents online via email?
* The documents can be sent to [email protected] where Branch code is the servicing Branch till June 30.
*You can only send documents up to 5MB per mail. Beyond that, you will have send multiple emails.
*The scanned documents should either be in JPG or PDF and readable.
*This mail ID should be used only for sending the Claim requirements and not for any other purpose.
What documents are needed to file the online claim?
* Policy Bond first and last page
* Discharge Form duly filled and witnessed
* Form Number 3510 declaration regarding non-assignment
* If NEFT is not there, you will have to submit NEFT Mandate form along with the cancelled cheque
* KYC documents, ie ID Proof and address proof along with PAN card.
The policyholder should mention the mobile number in his email.
Watch Zee Business live TV below:
As said earlier, these relaxations are available till 30th of June, 2020.