Rajasthan Assembly Elections: PM Modi targeted Congress National President Mallikarjun Kharge for his ‘father jibe’ at him
In his fiery speech in poll-bound Rajasthan’s Bharatpur on Saturday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi took a veiled dig at the Congress party alleging it of pushing the state into the shackles of crimes, and riots due to its policy of appeasement.
He also targeted Congress National President Mallikarjun Kharge for his ‘father jibe’ at him and claimed that Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot and his former deputy Sachin Pilot are only pretending to make peace for the sake of elections.
The prime minister also attacked the Gehlot government saying the people have decided not to vote for the “jadugar” and that Congress will vanish from Rajasthan after the election.
Here Are Top Quotes From His Bharatpur Rally:
- “In Rajasthan, Congress has given you nothing but betrayal at every step in the last five years. Congress gave you a government of misrule, corruption and scams,” said PM Modi.
- “Every mafia, every bully, every rioter in his area considered himself no less than the chief minister of the Congress government,” PM Modi further alleged.
- “Be it Holi, Ram Navami, or Hanuman Jayanti, you people could not celebrate any festival peacefully. Riots, stone pelting, curfew, all this continued in Rajasthan,” PM Modi said.
- “The Chief Minister says that women file fake rape cases. Can he protect women? Does such a Chief Minister have the right to remain in the chair even for a minute?” Modi asked.
- “I am doing what you like and Congress people are upset with me, that why is Modi doing this? They are verbally abusing me day and night. Yesterday Congress president attacked my father. It has been 40 years since he (PM’s father) passed away but he verbally abused him too. What has happened to Congress?… Kharge ji, you were not like this, what has happened to you? Modi asked.
- “BJP had guaranteed that Article 370 would be removed from Jammu and Kashmir. Did Modi fulfil the guarantee or not?” said Modi.
- “Congress’ leader has written the saga of Congress’ misgovernance in full detail. That is why the chief minister’s son is ready to give it in writing that his father’s government will not win this time,” Modi added.
- On one side is the Congress with a licence to loot, while on the other side, it’s Modi’s guarantee card. Whom do you trust? If the whole country trusts Modi’s guarantee card, there are some solid reasons for it,” Modi said.
- “Delhi Darbar was been busy trying to loot the chair of its own CM and the CM has been busy in dealing with them. These people had left the people of Rajasthan to fend for themselves,” Modi alleged.
- “Now when the time of elections has come, these people are reluctantly getting themselves photographed together… Big leaders from Delhi come here and make the chief minister and another leader who wants to become the chief minister shake hands in front of the camera,” Modi said referring to Pilot.